Monday, August 25, 2014

Mourinho: Cech will be allowed to leave Chelsea



The goalkeeper has fallen behind Thibaut Courtois in the pecking order at Stamford Bridge and his manager has now admitted he won't stand in his way if he wishes to depart

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that Petr Cech will be allowed to leave the club should he wish to find regular first team football.

The Czech Republic international found himself on the bench for the Blues' first Premier League match of the season as Thibaut Courtois was preferred to face Burnley.



CHELSEA LATEST
Goal understands that Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain are preparing a bid for the 32-year-old, and Mourinho revealed that if Cech is unhappy he should be allowed to depart Stamford Bridge.

"I think if that moment came the hierarchy in my club, the owner and the board – I come after them – Petr deserves to sit with him and to listen to him," he told reporters.

"He deserves everything from this club. But this moment hasn't arrived yet."

Cech is closing in on 450 first team appearances for Chelsea having joined from Rennes in 2004, but has been told by the club to find a new team after falling behind Courtois in the pecking order.

And Mourinho revealed that he is yet to give the goalkeeper an explanation for his decision, though he would be happy to sit down with Cech should he require some further reasoning.

"If I speak with him, tomorrow I have to speak to another one, another one, another one. I've never done this in my career. I don’t have to speak to players about decisions.

"For me, it's the club, the team and then the players. The club is not under my control; the team, yes. So I want the players to see that everything I do is thinking about the team.

"I don't like to be always justifying my decisions to the players. They all know where my office is. If they need an explanation, I never close the door. I'll give one. Petr didn't come to me."

Despite claiming that Cech can leave the club, the former Real Madrid coach has also revealed that he would be happy to play him at any point in the coming season.

Though he concedes the shot-stopper needs to be playing games, he has not ruled out some rotation if Cech remains a Chelsea player.

"Petr has to play, Petr has to play. Obviously, I have no problems playing Petr in any match. It doesn't matter where, which competition.

"I'm so confident playing him. For me, if I decide to make that rotation when we have an accumulation of matches, it’s probably the easiest position to do it.

"We have two of the best three goalkeepers in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment